Thaylenah is an island nation separated from the Roshar mainland by Longbrows Straits. Thaylen people are renowned tradesman, merchants and sailors.
Thaylen men have stark white beards and long white eyebrows, regardless of their age or the color of their hair. Their eyebrows grow very long and are sometimes worn tucked back behind their ears. Tozbek (the captain of the Wind's Pleasure on which Shallan took passage), wore his in a spikey fan pattern above his eyes. Thaylen women's eyebrows are also long; the wife of the book merchant, Artmyrn, that Shallan visits, curls hers to hang down the side of her face like bangs.
The inscription on the image to the left reads as follows: "This folio page targets the Thaylen merchant class with styles heavily influenced by the fashion worn by the nobles of Queen F'en Rnamdi's court."
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Oathbringer, 58. Burdens
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Way of Kings, 58. The Journey
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 2. Honor is Dead
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Way of Kings, 3. City of Bells
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 8. Nearer the Flame
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 The Way of Kings, Inter4.
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 23. Many Uses
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 The Way of Kings, 33. Cymatics
- ↑ Thaylen?