The Way of Kings (referred to), |
Words of Radiance (referred to),
Oathbringer (referred to)
Tanavast was the Shardholder of the Shard of Adonalsium, Honor. He is/was a deity, widely worshipped on the world of Roshar. His power stemmed from Honor, which presumably fuels the ten Surges. He was killed, or Splintered, by the Shard Odium sometime after the Oathpact was broken, which was a very long time ago.
Whether this was Tanavast's design or not, millennia have passed without Rayse taking the life of another of the sixteen.*
|“||"Tanavast was a fine enough fellow - bought me drinks once - but he was not God."||”|
Additionally, he refers to him as a "SON OF TANAVAST."
- The Way of Kings, 75. In the Top Room
- Words of Radiance, 70. From A Nightmare
- Words of Radiance, Epilogue - Art And Expectation
- The Way of Kings, 46. Child of Tanavast
- Oathbringer, 31. Demands Of The Storm
- Surviving Splintering
- Surviving for a time ...
- Oathbringer, 108. Honor's Path