Shallan's sketchbook is a collection of sketches that Shallan draws throughout The Way of Kings, Words of Radiance, and Oathbringer, some of which decorate the real life interiors of the novels, all of which were drawn by Inkthinker.
In Shallan's eyes, the world is a wondrous place. She hungers to learn more, wishes to observe each and every one of its creatures, and to have sketches of them in her books. She even resorts to immersing herself underwater in an effort to observe the rarely seen santhid on her trip aboard the Wind's Pleasure toward the Shattered Plains.
Throughout her trip to Kharbranth, Shallan makes drawings of plants and animals she observes, adding her notations on each. Those drawings indicate to Jasnah that Shallan pursues scholarship in her free time for its own sake, which helps Jasnah finalize her decision and grant Shallan's request for apprenticeship.
This page needs references. Please help improve this article by adding them.
The Way of KingsEdit
Words of RadianceEdit
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 1. Santhid
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 41. Of Alds and Milp
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 9. Damnation
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 57. Wandersail
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 49. To Care
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 37. Sides
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 3. City of Bells
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 70. From A Nightmare
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 75. True Glory
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 17. A Pattern
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 3. Pattern
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 45. Middlefest
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 30. Nature Blushing
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 Words of Radiance, 54. Veil's Lesson
- ↑ Words of Radiance, 77. Trust
- ↑ Oathbringer, 99. Reachers
- ↑ Oathbringer, 116. Alone
- ↑ Oathbringer, 25. The Girl Who Looked Up
- ↑ Oathbringer, 67. Mishim
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Oathbringer, 108. Honor's Path
- ↑ Oathbringer, 15. Brightness Radiant
- ↑ Oathbringer, 27. Playing Pretend
- ↑ Oathbringer, 8. A Powerful Lie
- ↑ Oathbringer, 33. A Lecture