Sah was a singer who had previously been trapped in slaveform. He described it as "living in a fog ... knowing deep in your soul that something is profoundly wrong ... [but] not being able to say a single word to stop it."
He had a mate who was sold to become a breeder because she bore him a healthy daughter.
Sah escaped with his daughter from a village near Hearthstone when the Everstorm first passed, and was freed from slaveform when his Connection and Identity were restored. He joined a group led by the singer Khen and the Voidspren Yixli.
With Khen's group, Sah traveled to Revolar with Yixli's guidance, and captured Kaladin along the way. Though Kaladin taught the group how to survive on the run, once he'd left, the Fused accused them of harboring a spy, enslaved them with captive humans, and put them to work hauling lumber. Their treatment angered Sah, as did the removal of his daughter, but he didn't know what to do about it.
When Sah and the group assaulted the palace, he and Kaladin recognized one another. In the ensuing melee, Sah killed Beard, a member of the Wall Guard, and was killed in turn by Noromin, which was witnessed by Khen.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Oathbringer, 17. Trapped In Shadows
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Oathbringer, 14. Squires Can't Capture
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Oathbringer, 20. Cords To Bind
- ↑ Oathbringer, 31. Demands Of The Storm
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Oathbringer, 54. An Ancient Singer's Name
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Oathbringer, 51. Full Circle
- ↑ Oathbringer, 84. The One Who Can Save
- ↑ Oathbringer, 85. Grieve Later