Pancakes in Yeddaw, according to Lift, are filled with things cooked into them, supposed to be super tasty, and eaten by the people of the city during the Weeping.
There are ten varieties of them, and she intends to steal one variety of each.
- One type is known as a Sun Day pancake.
- A second, as described by Hauka, is known as a Tuk-cake, eaten for prosperity in the year to come.
- A third is salty, with chopped-up vegetables.
- A fourth tastes sweet.
- A fifth is fluffy, almost without substance to it, though with a kind of sauce in which to dip it.
- A sixth is dense, with mashed-up paste in the center that is sticky and salty.
- A seventh is covered in little crunchy seeds.
- An eighth has sugar in the center.
- A ninth has a real thick, almost mealy texture.
- The tenth is dedicated to Tashi. As described by Ghenna, it is more a thought than a real entity.
|| "We bake nine, and leave the last in memory of Him."
–Ghenna to Lift