Lirin (husband), Kaladin (son), |
Tien (son), Oroden (son)
The Way of Kings, |
Words of Radiance (mentioned), Oathbringer
She appears to be very free spirited.
She is delighted by the person Kaladin has become.
The initial meeting between Lirin and Hesina's parents went quite poorly. Afterward, her parents are rarely mentioned, particularly around her children, though she is still in contact with them. When her family falls on tough times after the arrival of Roshone in Hearthstone, Hesina's parents offer aid to her family.
Hesina is able to both read and write in the Alethi women's script. She is the only darkeyed woman in Hearthstone who can read, though this skill isn't uncommon amongst higher ranking darkeyed women. She often read for Kaladin from a book on medicine his father owned.
Hesina and Lirin met and fell in love during his travels, after which she moved with him to Hearthstone.
Hesina assists her husband with his patients in whichever ways she can, though her role in her husband's work diminishes as Lirin takes on apprentices; first Kaladin, then Mara. However, she occasionally assists if multiple helpers are required.
She is thrilled that Kaladin has returned to her alive, as she and her husband thought him dead along with Tien. She is therefore protective of him.
At the beginning of Oathbringer, Hesina is forty years old. (Kaladin makes a mental note to himself that his mother will be forty-one this year.)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Way of Kings, 16. Cocoons
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Oathbringer, 7. A Watcher At The Rim
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 10. Stories of Surgeons
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Oathbringer, 6. Four Lifetimes
- ↑ Emerald City Comic Con, 3/1/18, Seattle, WA
- ↑ Book signing, 1/6/15, Seattle, WA
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 25. The Butcher
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 44. The Weeping
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 The Way of Kings, 31. Beneath the Skin
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 41. Of Alds and Milp