The viziers of Azir have explained that although Azir might claim to be an empire, and most of the other countries in the region play along with this, as soon as demands therein grow to be too extravagant, the others might not necessarily obey.
Azish have dark brown skin and black hair and speak with a smooth accent.
The inscription on the image reads as follows:
"This folio page shows contemporary designs out of Azir, using local models. Though these are specifically male civil servant outfits, the styles have deeply influenced all Azish fashion."
Lift notes that important Azish folk wear big, drooping coats with really wide sleeves and patterns that argue with each other. She compares them to children who had snuck into their parents' wardrobe, but she thinks their hats to be 'nifty'.
Lift thinks that everyone in Azir doesn't shut up about the patterns in their clothing.
Azir's ruler is the Prime Aqasix, who is elected by the viziers of the nation based on the applications they receive from those interested in the position. In the case of Gawx, the viziers determined that he had submitted the best application by performing the miracle of Regrowth (actually Lift's doing) and was thus named Prime.
|“||"He was dead and he returned. What better application could we ask for?" ||”|
Although the Azish have a large bureaucracy, a change in government could cause upheaval. Renarin thinks it might be easier for the new Azish emperor to change policy, since policy is well defined enough to change. Navani believes the Azish will listen to reason, because they always do.
- Falksi - One of Janala Lustow's handmaidens.
- Sigzil - A Worldsinger and bridgeman in Bridge Four.
- Tigzikk - An aging thief and an accomplice of Lift's.
- Huqin - Supposedly a master thief and an accomplice of Lift's.
- Gawx - Former thief and accomplice of Lift's, now Prime Aqasix, Ruler of Azir.
- Maxin - A young thief and an accomplice of Lift's.
- ↑ Edgedancer, 1.
- ↑ The Way of Kings, Inter5.
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 42. Beggars and Barmaids
- ↑ Edgedancer, 14.
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 14. Payday
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 6.5 6.6 6.7 Words of Radiance, Inter9.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Edgedancer, 11.
- ↑ Edgedancer, 13.
- ↑ Oathbringer, 8. A Powerful Lie
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 18. Highprince of War
- ↑ The Way of Kings, 46. Child of Tanavast